Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Autumn, gratitude, and simple joys.


It is hard to escape the beauty of Autumn, even harder to avoid thinking of Thanksgiving, and the blessings of the quickly waning year. Reminders are all around us -in grocery stores, magazines, on TV. As a result, I have gratitude on the brain, and the Fall season is irrevocably intermingled in those thoughts.
I'm not much of one for New Years resolutions, but I do have a few for Fall.

1. Appreciate -Allowing ourselves enjoyment of simple pleasures that we have been given is in essence, active gratitude. Burning candles is one of those things for me.
2. Express -I have been so blessed by friends, family, and even strangers -now I just need to tell them so!
3. Give back -not for personal gain, nor for appreciation. Instead, in loving obedience to Christ (Matthew 6:3-4, 1 Timothy 6:18-19, Colossians 3:23-24a).

No comments:

Post a Comment