Monday, March 29, 2010

On the road


I love seeing new places. I like going back to slightly-familiar places too. Mr. C's job doesn't call for much traveling...he gets to come home every night, and I am so blessed that when he does travel, I get to go with him.
This week is such a time. There's a two day conference in Santa Clara (which is a 5 hour drive from our home) that he's attending, and I'm his traveling pal this time.
As I type this, he's sitting in the Santa Clara Convention Center, learning new (and I'm sure intriguing) things about memory design...and I'm ensconced in a cushy leather chair at a little Starbucks a few minute's drive away.
This little trip away from our comfy home got me thinking; what is it I just can't (or wouldn't want to) leave the house without when traveling? and here's what I came up with

My (surprisingly short) can't-travel-without-it list:

Some form of entertainment. Fortunately, my phone can double as this, and I'm never without my phone.

Baby wipes. Oh my. These are so incredibly handy. They really aren't just for kiddos. Forgot your face wash? no worries, baby wipes are sensitive enough to use on your face. Stepped in a nasty mud puddle and dirtied your only pair of shoes? no problem, you can clean 'em up in a jiffy. Spilled coffee on your car upholstery? don't break a sweat, you have baby wipes.
Ahhh, baby wipes. They have saved my hide more than once. I've taken to just leaving a small container in my car at all times.

Water. 9.99 times out of 10, I'm glad I remembered to bring some.

A toothbrush and toothpaste. Even when you don't think you're going to be gone overnight. These might come in handy instead.

Some sort of painkiller.... Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Excedrin...you know what I mean.


So what about you? do you have any tips for making short trips easier? I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment