Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's hot (pink) in here

Being the wonderful guy he is, Mr. C recently bought me a gorgeous Cyclamen plant with hot pink flowers. It's a fresh pop of color in our otherwise neutral home, perfect for this time of year.

Now, I'm not typically one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak. However, I do have one small gripe with houseplants -their containers are often rather ugly. Do you know the kind I mean? Green or black plastic planters often covered with decorative paper or plastic.

Since the plant is so beautiful, she deserves a place in full view -but the tacky planter she came in? not so much. So, I tried to give her a more delicate and elegant outfit -using things I already had in my design closet. Here's what I came up with: I used a fabulous vintage handkerchief from my generous mother-in-law, and a curvy glass vase I bought on clearance a few months ago at Target.


I lined the vase with the kerchief, allowing the design to flow over the edge, and plopped the plant -plastic pot and all- right into the vase.


Ain't she purty?! I feel a lot better setting her on my mantle now that she's had a makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment